Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Band Aid Boy

Matthew with the band aid


Last Wednesday afternoon Matthew was supposed to be resting in his room. He outgrew naps about a year ago. I try to have him rest in his bed for about 30 min when Lincoln goes down for a nap. He came downstairs and it looked like he might have had a little bloody nose. When I asked him about it he said that his band aid was stuck in his nose. He had had a teeny weeny cut on his pinkie and had been going through about 5 band aids a day. I tried to look up there and saw nothing. Then I had him lay on the couch and I got the flashlight. I saw it and it was way, way, way, way up there. I got out the tweezers and he wouldn't even barely let me get them in his nose. I decided it was time to call the doctor. They said bring him right in. Lincoln was sleeping so I called Ken to see if he could come home and stay with him. He said he would like to take Matthew to the doctor. I wasn't about to argue with that.

Matthew was calm and doing good the whole time. He didn't really want to go to the doctor but there weren't many options. Ken said it took the doctor about 10 tries and various methods before they got it out. They finally had to numb the area and apply an anti-swelling medicine. Then Ken said they strapped him down and got it out. Ken said Matthew wasn't happy when they were trying to get the band aid. He said in between tries he was fine though. I am pretty sure he will never do that again!

No comments: