Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Matthew's Buddy

For the past two days I have watched our good friends boy. We met Brian and Annie Aschim this fall and became friends quickly. Brian and Ken share a love of the MSU Bobcats and Annie and I share a love of running. There are some people when you meet you just click. We are so happy to have met them and to have them in our lives.

Annie is away on a girls trip so Brady has been coming over while Brian is at work. He is 5 and Matthew has so much fun with him. They play non-stop from the time Brady gets here until he leaves. Even with the two year age difference they do well MOST of the time.

We have a busy weekend planned. Ken and the boys headed to Libby this afternoon to spend the weekend with his parents. I am going to Spokane tomorrow for the weekend. Some friends and I are running the Bloomsday 12K race on Sunday. It is going to be so weird to be home all alone tonight. It is my first time away from Lincoln and my first time away from Matthew since Lincoln was born. I am super excited for a girls weekend but I did tear up a little when they drove off. My heart is a little achy without them but I know a weekend away will do me good. I am really excited for the race. I started running a couple of weeks ago (well the doctor gave me permission to jog) and my achilles has been doing pretty good. We will see if it can go 7.46 miles. The doctor just kind of looked at me funny when I told him I had registered for the race. My healing has been going as good as I could hope. The middle of July is when I will be cleared for all activity. I can start pushing my running a little harder in a couple of weeks. I am so ready to be back to myself again!


Watching the construction outside

Buddies

Letting little brother play


I love my rocking horse!

No comments: