Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bridger Ridge Run

The Bridger Ridge

The Bridger Ridge Run has been called America's most rugged trail run. It is a 20 mile race that takes place on the top of the Bridger Mountains here in Bozeman. I have friends who have completed it and they said it is the hardest thing they have ever done. After I ruptured my achilles in January I figured it was out of the question for me this year. I was wrong, hopefully! Ken and I entered yesterday but it is a lottery to get into the race. 300 racers will be picked. We find out the middle of June if we are 2 of the 300. In past years whoever signed up first got into the race. Last year it filled up in 7 minutes! We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will get in. Our friends Brian and Annie Aschim have also applied so we are hoping to all 4 secure a spot in the race. It takes place August 13th, my 30th birthday!

My achilles seems to still be on track for healing. I did a 4 mile run this morning with the last mile at an 8 min mile pace. It is nice to be able to have some speed again. It definitely doesn't feel normal though. I am pretty sore the end of every day and have a hard time walking normally first thing in the morning. I still have two more months until I am cleared for any plyometric activities or trail running. I am getting there! It's hard to believe it's been 4 months since surgery.

No comments: